Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Rice Cereal

I realize that it's super-early for rice cereal, I know that.

Isaac hasn't eaten during the night in about three weeks, and has been only waking once.  That is, until recently.  This past week, he's been waking up at least...oh, twenty times a night, just for his paci and to be re-tucked in.  Um, this isn't going to continue.  I feel like a zombie again, almost like when he was first home from the hospital!

So, in self-defense, I decided to try a teeny bit of rice cereal...he didn't object:





We'll see how this goes!  Ugh, if he averages waking up only 5x/night, that'd be great!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*UPDATE*

Didn't work at all.  Well, maybe it did- he probably woke up about 15 times last night, so we're down from twenty.  Eesh...it's gonna be rough from here on out...sleep's overrated, I'm sure.  ;)

4 comments:

Marjorie said...

you know this happened with both my kids. i did what my doctor said. i went in to check them and then shut the door and let them cry it out. i know a lot of people don't agree with that method, but it works and teaches them to self-soothe. if you go in and pick them up to feed, etc. they get used to that and want you to do it more and more. they cried at night for about a week straight, but i stuck to my guns and then it stopped. they are both great sleepers now!

Alissa said...

completely agree- i can't go back now and start feeding him during the night, bc we hadn't done that in about 4 weeks! so...he might be crying-it-out for the next few days bc seriously, waking up a billion times during the night is killing me! ;)

Rebekah said...

Man, I totally feel ya on the no-sleep thing. Sleep deprivation is no joke!
Bed-sharing and nursing side-lying through the night has SAVED me. I know it's not for everyone and not everyone's comfortable with it, but it's been the only thing that's gotten me through those early months! I'm a super light sleeper with a baby in the bed, but light sleep is way better than no sleep. :) I hope you find a solution soon!

L R said...

My favorite sleeping aids are swaddlers, white noise, and blackout curtians. Since both our girls never woke up more than 2 or 3 times a night, I really have never had to go through as much as you. Please try to get some sleep during the day if ever possible.