The kids have a few chores that they're supposed to do each day- Judah puts dirty diapers in the trash, he puts clothes in the washroom, Eve cleans up after meals, etc. I want them to do these things each day, but sometimes they don't, and it's never a real issue bc these aren't "real" chores, just things I might ask them to do.
Anyway, we're starting a real chore-chart for them now, just bc I think they're getting old enough to understand the idea, but are definitely still little enough to be motivated to do things for stickers! :)
Just a few things that are good for them to do every day:
We haven't talked about there being another reward yet beyond the stickers on the chart...any thoughts? At (nearly) 4 and 2+, should there be a monetary incentive yet?
2 comments:
Not only is this a great home project, it is a great school project- charting, keeping track, consequences. I would stick to stickers as long as I could. After that we had earning points- that could be converted to things that cost money, but I still had control of how it was spent.
I was planning on buying a dry erase board for this very reason for my boys. As a teacher, I try to stick with praise and stickers for as long as possible with maybe a small weekly reward. Rewards could be activities or something special they get to play with/do. The next type of reward is food, candy/healthy snack. Monetary is the highest form of reward and I think they are too young for that. We usually started that with kids around 1st and 2nd grade and just because they were learning about counting money/saving, so it helped with that too (we didn't even use real money).
Post a Comment