The other day, another blogger friend mentioned a nail polish by Essie. I've been drooling over Essie's "Mademoiselle" and "Ballet Slippers" for the entire summer, but I've finally accepted my handicaps when it comes to nails: I cannot do light colors bc I'm not willing to paint on loads of color. I don't have the patience, and doing only two coats still looks streaky when I do light colors- only dark ones for me!
So, while shopping at Wegman's today, I stopped at the Essie rack (new fall colors!), and picked up "Brownie Points:"
The minute I held it against my toes (which is where I'll be wearing it since I never do a manicure w/anything but clear polish since I hate chipped polish), I fell in love. It looked amazing! Love when colors do that! And, this is clearly my color- it practically "popped"...never said that before in my life, excuse me...
I'm starting to feel like this should be a weekly splurge, nail polish- makes me feel so much happier, despite still carrying around 10 extra pounds of baby weight! ;) Which totally brings to mind the line from "In Her Shoes," when the older sister explains why she buys expensive shoes she never wears...bc despite being a tad overweight, "shoes always fit." Also, apparently so does nail polish! :)

1 comment:
What a nice shade! They didn't have the fall shades out when I went :( I have a tough time with dark colors for some reason....well I'm not very good at painting my nails evenly in general. It's fun though!
Post a Comment