We spent the holiday weekend with my parents, in their teeny-tiny town in Delaware. Which turned out to be lots of fun, parade-wise. Small town parades are pretty special, because you really never know what you're going to get!
Like a bunch of tractors, for instance!
Eve was all smiles at the beginning of the parade:
And, why wouldn't she smile? Ezra was on-hand to feed her candy!
Actually, he's always around to do things with her that I totally would never do: like letting her sit on his shoulders, for instance. I mean, she's tiny still! I was getting sick the whole time, which he (as usual) ignored.
Again- something I wouldn't do. It's a street! She could get hurt! I just know she's gonna love hanging out with him so much more as she gets older because I'll always be worried about her getting hurt!
Later that afternoon, the family all went to the beach- minus Eve and I. We both opted to stay home and take naps. Ahhh, naps.
Then, it started to rain. Perfect for fireworks! Actually, it did work out, despite our fears. We headed out to a nearby field, and waited...and waited...and waited! We were all prepared, just in case of a downpour.
Here, Mom's telling Eve about what an umbrella is. And, it seems like she's really taking it in:
To pass the time, Elisabeth and Levia came up with a great game: toss Eve like a ragdoll because she's crazy and loves it!
I tried taking pictures of the fireworks, but that really didn't turn out so well as I'd hoped, so I'll spare you the annoying swirls and doodles that appeared instead. It was pretty cute, though, that since we were far enough away from the fireworks, it wasn't so loud, and Eve could actually appreciate them. She stared up at them for most of the time:
And, immediately after the fireworks, the sky opened up and flooded us! It was pretty scary- I've never seen so much lightning in my life! It made me freaked out, too, considering that not too long ago, my parent's house had been hit by lightning! I guess that's good, in a way- lightning never strikes the same place twice, right?
We all had a great time- just made me miss the parades and celebrations in New Orleans, though! ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment