Lately, I've been seeing the trailers for "Brideshead Revisited," and it looks so good! It seems so interesting, and beautiful, and like a really intriguing story.Oddly, that's not how I remembered the book at all!
Actually, I don't remember too much about the book, as I'd read it more than six years ago- when Ezra and I first started dating. (I remember reading it on the treadmill at the gym he worked at- weird gym reading, I realize!). Still, I don't recall it being so exciting. I could see it being visually beautiful, based on the scenery and the actual "castle," Brideshead itself, but it seemed more like something that would be impossible to make into a movie, because it seemed so internal, and more about the characters thoughts, impressions, and emotions than their actions.
Why does it look so interesting, then? What have the movie-people done to it?
I'm hoping to see it (on video, most likely) and am rereading it right now. Maybe I'll rediscover all the excitement I somehow missed the first time 'round!
2 comments:
hey - have you finished re-reading it? I felt the same way about "love in the time of cholera"... such a beautiful story but it didn't translate well into a movie AT ALL. it was actually really awful in fact. anyway, glad to see y'all loving life up there. miss ya!!
i'm in the middle, and it stills seems like it's going to be an impossible transition to the big screen. we'll see! i didn't see "cholera," but i kinda assumed that it'd be the same way- how could someone's insanely love-term unrequited love be portrayed in a movie? hmm.
Post a Comment