Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Steve & Hilary are Coming!

Our really good friends from New Orleans, Steve and Hilary, are coming to visit us for the weekend! (I should clarify: they're not "from New Orleans," they were just living there; they're from Santa Barbara, which they've lead us to imagine is ten million times better than New Orleans, and some sort of paradise on Earth. Hmm.)

I do have a rough time as hostess, though. I'm sooo bad at it! Hopefully they won't wish they had booked a hotel instead of staying with us!

We haven't seen them since we left, which has been nearly a year now. I can't believe it's been that long! A lot has happened this year, I guess, to make the time seem much shorter: moving here, having Eve, moving to our new house. I'm excited because they've only gotten to see Eve in pictures (well, ultrasound pictures at first, and then whatever I post here!), and now they'll get to see the crazy monster in person.

I was just looking through my pictures to see if I had any relevant ones for this post, and found this:



This was our first apartment in New Orleans- we were on the third floor of the yellow building, in the French Quarter. We loved it! That was the BEST place! That's definitely one thing I miss about living in N.O.: that balcony!

I'm dying for a New Orleans trip: anyone wanna go to Mardi Gras next year??

No comments: