Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Cold Feet...Well, Foot!

Since it was such a great day weather-wise, I decided to make the trek to the Central Library this afternoon, to return one book I recently finished. The library is about a 45-minute walk from home, and it went well, fairly incident-free. Eve was fresh from her nap (3 hours!), and happily smacked her toys around and "hooted" as we rolled along.

On the way back, however, things changed!

First, the weather. We started the trip around 4:30; on the way home, it was nearly six. The sun was beginning to set, and the temperature was cooling. Rapidly. Neither one of us were prepared for the change.

But then, just as we were crossing a fairly busy street, Eve's blanket fell off...in the street...and, we ran it over. Strollers are soooo embarassing! I pulled the blanket up, and continued to cross. On the other side, I settled the blanket back around Eve, and we continued on our way.

As we arrived home, and I took Eve out of her stroller, I realized that we'd dropped something on the way: a little pink sock! She was only wearing one, and the now-naked foot was pretty chilly. Poor girl!

Must've happened during the blanket-dropping/running-over. Oh well!

1 comment:

Elisabeth said...

People were like," She'll pick up that blanket, but not that sock.. how terrible! .." No not really. More like " I hope Starbucks is still open because I haven't been cool today. Eve DOES hoot! That's the perfect description.