Anyway, a big part of my problem was the general mess of our house- particularly in the kids room. I love sending them up there to play, but I hate knowing that they'll completely destroy it in the process. And when I say "completely destroy," I mean it.
Just take a look- it started in the hall right before their room:
I could have died, I was so frustrated! I mean, look- that's probably half of the wipes from that white bag that were now dried up and wasted! Why?? I freaked out, and Ezra took them out of the house for a few hours...
So I called my mom, and my parents took the kids for a few days. I'm just feeling...stressed. Also, my mom was going to be in the area today anyway, and offered to come over to help me get some things organized- I immediately took her up on her offer. She took Eve and Judah to my Grandmom's, and came over for the afternoon.
We have a lot of unfinished projects, so my mom and I started in on some of them. For starters, we still hadn't hung up the closet organizer that we were planning to use for Isaac- his stuff is still piled in the crib! It didn't work out like we had hoped, so we needed to modify it...and, just hadn't yet. So, that's where we started today:
Just a towel rack on the back of their door- we have a lot of space behind the door, so we were hoping to take advantage of it w/the closet hanger. But, the hook on the hanger wasn't working w/the rod- it was making the entire hanger stick out at an angle bc of its placement. So my mom added some straps to the hanger, to let it fall from the rod and lay flat.
Love it! Then, we started organizing/filling it up:
*Sigh* Makes me feel so happy to see this! :)
Then, we set to work on the rest of the room. We eliminated a lot of their stuff- books were packed away, toys tossed or sent to GoodWill, and now...it looks fantastic!
Tada! Couldn't be happier! :)
I know that it's not likely to stay exactly like this, but w/a lot less toys, their clean-up routine will be a lot faster anyway! We also weeded-through their toys downstairs, too, organizing little bits in bags, tossing some things, packing away others...it's looking pretty nice around here!
Thanks, Mama! Please come back... ;)
*PS- Isaac helped out a lot by being smiley and happy, and taking lots of naps!
















4 comments:
I am so happy for you! Nothing better than organizing . . .
Wow what a lot of creativity! Great work!
That's so great! I know how overwhelming toys can be. We have a policy of no more toys than can fit in our toy box. It means we have to donate/sell some things when they get something new, but it's just my limit.
Great job with the cleaning and organizing! That stuff makes me so happy too! :) I can sympathize so much with the messes! The other day I (for the first time in FOREVER) got away from the kids for some girl/friend time and Travis was babysitting. When I returned home after several hours I almost cried at the mess! Travis said something along the lines of "I just let them be kids. They were having so much fun" and I could have strangled him. Not only was there the mess (HUGE mess), but there was also the wasted diaper wipes! What a break for me - right? I get 2 hours away, just to come home and clean for 2 hours. :P I have to say, I'm totally envious of your family taking the kids and giving you breaks! Sounds wonderful...
Post a Comment