So, in an effort to get her to try something new, I gave her some spaghetti o's. Should be fun, right? Nope. After watching me eat a few bites, she seemed interested. That only lasted for a second, and quickly faded once I put (well, forced)a spoonful into her mouth! She pulled the o's back out, and wouldn't open her mouth again. This, followed by lots of crying, screaming, whining, and wiping of spaghetti-hands all over herself. Fantastic.
Rather than continue to torture her, I decided to make this a lesson in how-to-use-the-spoon, and just let her play with the o's and the spoon. She just stabbed them, and haphazardly scooped them onto her tray. Whatever. She's learning something, at least! And, I'm sure she'll want real food someday. Until then, she'll just have to stay in the 30th percentile for weight by only picking at wheat toast and goldfish!


No comments:
Post a Comment