Wednesday, October 29, 2008

30 Weeks!

Seriously, can you believe it?? I sure can't! Woo-hoo!

I feel funny about being excited to finally be edging closer and closer to the end of this pregnancy, because once the baby comes, life will be super-crazy! I know it'll be insane, and that there will be times when I'll probably just wanna run away from all the madness. I know that it's really so much easier and more peaceful with him on the inside, rather than outside.

And, I never thought that having a second child while our first was still kinda little would be so rough! It's been difficult, lugging Eve up and down the stairs a few times a day; not sleeping as much as I'd like; not working out as much because I have to plan gym-time around nap-time, etc. Also, having a one-year old sitting/climbing on my big pregnant belly really isn't too comfortable, either!

But, the closer we get to the big day, the closer I get to seeing our new baby. It's still kinda hard to imagine, loving someone else as much as I love Eve, and I can't wait to get to experience that. When I feel him kicking and squirming (however uncomfortably at times), I start getting excited about holding him and getting to see those little arms and legs wiggling about. With the difficult times ahead, I know that there'll be some of the most amazing moments of life mixed in, as well- and it's those moments that I cannot wait to get to.

(Well, those moments, and the fun freedom of having wine with dinner again, and all the caffeine I want per day!)

Here's to the big countdown: we're finally down to single-digit weeks remaining!

5 comments:

Hilary said...

Oh come on . . . show us a real tummy picture!

Elisabeth said...

Picture's gross... true, but gross.

L R said...

Besides this being your second pregnancy, has this one seemed different at all now that you are all settled in your own home, closer to your families, and a full time stay at home mom compared to Eve's when you were still at school and dealing with all the moving and house hunting?
Has the stroller come out of the box yet?

Alissa said...

it's different in lots of ways- for one, bc it is the 2nd time, i can't take time for myself for naps, for the gym (as much) like i used to; i also a lot more tired now! it is nice, though, being so close to family, bc they were able to come to some appts w/me, and are able to watch eve when we need a break! even though we're settled now, this time around still doesn't seem all that easy- i think bc it is the 2nd time, and all the excitement of the 1st time is missing, y'know? i mean, i know how long 40 weeks is now, and i know how big i'll be, and i know that eve will only be more and more heavy when i carry her up the stairs! ;)

Moriah @ Please Pass the Salt said...

You're gonna be a great mom o' two. :)