Wednesday, October 15, 2008

A New Hobby

A friend recently moved back to our area, and she's been eager to start up some of the groups she'd belonged to while living away. One was a knitting group. I got pretty excited about the idea-even though Ezra said it was the dorkiest thing I'd ever wanted to do! (Whatever.)

So, last night, a few other friends got together, to knit (for some), and to learn to knit (for me and some others)! And, for once, I feel like I've finally gotten the hang of it! I really think that knowing how to crochet helped because I was more able to control the needles, and I had a bit more coordination than in previous attempts.

We all went home with patterns to work on, a super-easy one, obviously, but it's something to practice with.

All I have to do now is grow an incredibly-thick callous on my left forefinger. Knitting hurts!

3 comments:

Hilary said...

you nerd! I taught you already . . . Don't you remember in the car? hahaha

Good luck, it looks good so far! Just don't drop any stitches!

Alissa said...

thanks! but, i also remember you specifically NOT teaching me how to start! ;)

Elisabeth said...

Yeah, mom told me before you.. weird.. Becky is the cutest thing.. and she's even cuter for starting a knitting circle. You're so hardcore.. you know that knitting is like a scene now? Like punks.. and hippies. Well, I know they are here to stay. Go yarn!