Honestly, there are some things that just sneak up on you and give you a real shock- not many things in life, but some. And, having your first baby turn 4 was one of those things for me- I mean, when the heck did this happen? How does this...
...turn into this, so quickly??
And, I know that we have three kids now, so the likelihood of one of them being older than three was probably pretty good, but just the idea threw me. Four seems like...well, like something other than baby now. She's a real kid now- yikes!
At any rate, my disbelief aside, we planned a small(ish) party for her following our church's evening service- I kinda wanted it to just be like having people over for dessert.
Anyway, we started the day by heading out to church. Love this picture bc of crazy Judah:
We got back, and let her open our present:
Unimpressed by-stander. One day, he'll be excited about presents, too!
Ta-da! Finally opened w/some help from her little assistant:
This is how boys play w/doll house people:
She was sooo careful about her placement of the furniture!
Looks like a dimly-lit basement, right? Ugh, one day, maybe we'll have normal lighting! ;)
Bumbo seats are the BEST!
A little boy trap:
Another important kid-party staple: margaritas! Yum!
Anyway, we had a great time, and really appreciate everyone making the trek into/through the city! I'm still trying to understand just how and when Eve turned four...yikes, just makes me feel even older, honestly! But, what would we do w/out our little Ladybug?? :)


1 comment:
I love her little wooden doll house! It always seems to me that play furniture looks a little bit more tidy sprawled out all over the living room floor if it is wooden rather than plastic ;)
Happy 4th Birthday, beautiful Eve!
It does seem like yesterday I saw you holding newborn Eve in your arms.
Post a Comment