This is something I've been dying to do for a few weeks, and it finally happened! I'd actually been trying to get Ezra to go w/us, but clearly that wasn't going to happen- so, I asked friends instead, and it was a lot of fun! :)
We ended up going to Mood's Farm (in Mullica Hill) bc I thought it'd be cheaper and easier than Johnson's Farm- right on both counts. We had a great day, and following apple-picking, had a picnic-lunch w/even more friends. Couldn't have been a better day, either, weather-wise!
Just a few shots from the day...right before we left:
The farm:
It was kind of a lot of work, what w/the six little kids, but was definitely worth it: we picked 13-lbs of apples (for $11)! I've already made a pie (turned out sooo good!), and have big plans to...
...try canning! Who knows how this will go, but now that I seem to have all the necessary supplies, I might as well give it a try! :)
2 comments:
I didn't know this was in Mullica Hill! I would have joined you all if I was feeling a little better. I've been looking for a good apple pie recipe. You'll have to share which one you used :)
We have yet to go apple picking with the girls. (We haven't lived near pick your own since NJ) Such adorable pictures, Alissa.
Post a Comment