Tuesday, December 9, 2008

The Pre-Baby Time-Crunch

Now that I have about four weeks to go before baby-day, I've been obsessively trying to get everything ready so I'll be able to sit back and relax, and dream that the baby will come sooner, rather than later!

So, in an effort to get the bedroom together, Eve and I have made many trips to Target and Babies R Us in search of new bedding for her and the new one. She originally had a very neutral (well, boyish) bed set, and a yellow room to match. We had kinda planned on keeping things the same- that is, until Ezra completely nixed my idea of keeping the new baby in our pack-n-play, and insisted that he get a crib of his own. Hmm. So now, there's "real" bedding required. Because Eve's room is pretty teeny, we opted to get a mini-crib...and, oddly, we got one from the same company that made hers, and it's just a tinier version of hers, so they'll match. After some careful internet-searching, I finally ordered it from Amazon.com, because they had the best price AND free shipping!

But, with a smaller crib comes smaller-sized bedding...try finding that to match what Eve already had! We have to buy portacrib bedding, and really, they don't come in cute sets, but rather separates. So...Eve unintentionally got a bedroom-makeover! While buying blue bumpers and sheets, we also picked up cute pink bedding, too! It's just such a sweet change, seeing her in a little pink bed, sleeping on flower sheets, and snuggling with a new fuzzy pink blanket. I love it!



The crib arrived on Friday, and Ezra set it up over the weekend. Eve was really interested in what he was doing, and was his little helper/tool-hider while he worked. She's been so attracted to the new bed across from her, particularly the little bunny I put in it. Seeing it set up now, though, has been startling because it just makes everything so much more real- there will be another kid in that room soon, it's for real, he's coming!



The tempting little bunny:





A shot of the new room...it's pretty tiny!



The new bedroom, though, isn't the only thing I've been working on: there's also Christmas shopping to consider! What a busy time! I made my shopping list sometime last month (because I was starting to get really excited about the holidays), so I felt kinda prepared- there were a few gifts left to come up with, such as our family pollyannas and my Gram who says she doesn't need/want anything. Thankfully, though, there's this great thing called the internet because...well, endless shopping with Eve gets pretty old (she's growing to hate the car, and whines a lot), and more importantly, it's cold out. The majority of my shopping has been done online, and it's worked out great! You can find so many more interesting things online than in stores, and the deals are usually a lot better, too. And, because it's December and holiday-time, most sites have been offering free shipping as an incentive. Also, I've been using Etsy.com for most of my presents because I love giving more unique gifts, rather than whatever could be found at chain stores.

I looked at my list yesterday, and with the exception of picking up a joint gift for my parents (I already know what I'm getting, just have to get it), I'm completely finished! All of the gifts have arrived, and I'm even half-way through wrapping them! I have never been this ahead before- it's a great feeling! We've even been slowly working on Christmas cards, too, but...well, we're waiting for a specific event to occur before sending them out, so they may end up being New Years/January cards instead!

Now, all that's left is to do is just sit back and wait for the mail...and, enjoying my last semblance of free-time, at least for a long while!

1 comment:

Moriah @ Please Pass the Salt said...

Hey Ezra- Adelaide slept in a pack n' play for the first year of her life, what are you saying about my parenting?! :)

It looks like Eve could bend over the rail and fall out! Is she standing on something?

Merry Christmas, y'all!!!