Friday, December 26, 2008

Dicken's Village and Macy's Light Show

On Friday, my familiy planned to come into the city for "Christmas-stuff." When we were small, we always used to make the trip to the city to go to Macy's to see the light show and the Dicken's village. Now that I live in the city, only three blocks from Macy's, it just seemed like the perfect time to start up the old tradition.

It turned out to be the worst day ever, though! For starters, Ezra got my sickness, making the house kinda off-limits. So, the plans I'd made with my family had to be altered, which just added lots more running-around than intended. And, to make things worse, it was pouring, all day! So, we drove to the Macy's, and parked in the garage- not quite the original plan, but it worked out.

The Dicken's village was pretty cute, and just like I remembered. Eve really didn't enjoy it, but that wasn't a shock- the life-sized moving figures were scary apparently, so she and my mom just kept looking at the non-moving things, like wreaths!



After that, we were just in time for the every-hour-on-the-hour light show. I used to love this when I was little, and it was still just as good! Eve, however, really didn't care for more than 5 seconds, and soon wandered off to the stuffed animals and toys nearby.







Despite the added travel and complications, the day was lots of fun! Mom even got to come to the last ultrasound I had later that afternoon- which was great, and we definitely saw that we're having a boy! (Just wanted to make sure!)

No comments: