Rather, my cousin Chrissy emailed me about a week ago, asking where I got my hair done, because she really liked it, and was considering cutting her hair short, too.
Now, for most people, this might not be a big deal. But, for me, it totally was- rarely do I feel like I have a haircut that anyone would actually wanna copy. And, as she's usually dressed completely current and up-to-date, with hair to match, this was a tremendous compliment.
That being said, I got a call from her yesterday, asking if I'd go to the salon with her because she was super-nervous. She sounded so sad and scared! Cutting her hair short is a big thing, since she's had it long for about...oh, 15 years or so. But, she was willing to give it a try!
And, to bar any chickening-out attempts, she told just about everyone she knew that she was going to do it- so, she was stuck, and had to follow through!
We got to the salon, complete with a singing Eve, and she was so scared that the stylist had to remind her to breath! Her hands were even clenched in her lap! Since her hair was so long, she even got to donate it to Locks of Love. (I can't remember when my hair was ever 10 inches long...)
Here she is, right before the big chop:
And, immediately after:
After a few tense minutes waiting for the final haircut and blow-out, the finished product- it looks so cute! Plus, she has this ridiculously annoying and perfect hair, that magically looks fantastic no matter what she does...some people!
No comments:
Post a Comment