Friday, April 20, 2012

Farm Markets and the Start of Our Garden

This has been one of my favorite things about where we've moved to- there are farm stands all over the place!  (Guess that makes sense, considering we're surrounded by farms!)

Anyway, we stopped this morning at one called Sorbello Girls Farm Market, just to get some fresh asparagus...and left w/some basil plants and two big tomato plants!  Can't wait to get started on our garden!

The basil, sitting in the kitchen window for the moment.  I have an herb garden started along the side of the house- right now, there's just rosemary.  I'm hopeful about this basil- the woman at the farm stand was really helpful when I asked her for tips bc I always kill my basil.  It's sad.


The tomatoes hanging out on the back steps...maybe we'll get them planted this weekend:


Look- they already have flowers!



No comments: