Friday, February 24, 2012

The Zoo

I couldn't have been happier to remember that we have a zoo membership yesterday- it was a gorgeous day!  We finished up homework in the early morning, and made it to the zoo just after 10- we actually got pretty close parking, too, which never happens.  And, I guess bc it's still technically winter, the place was pretty empty- which also never happens!

(Oops, miniature setting!)



Judah's favorite:



Eve's favorite- the marmosets:


Monkeys!  Ok, they both wanted to do this, only Eve's face manages to look happy and pleasant once the picture is happening...and Judah's doesn't.  He totally looks like I forced him to do this, which wasn't the case!  Ugh, boys.



This is only funny bc the kids have a book about them- they're naked mole rats!




I've honestly never seen a peacock this in love w/himself- he stood like this forever, and kept swaying back and forth in front of everyone's cameras.  Total ham.



For most of the day, I had the kids in the stroller (bc it's way easier to keep track of 'em) and Isaac was in the carrier- it's funny how many people will stare at you or make comments w/this set up bc I'm sure no one would say a thing if they saw a family of three older kids (kids over 3 or so).  But I got so many "oh, you've got your hands full" comments!  Maybe I do look funny w/the double stroller and a kid hanging from me.  Or, maybe it's bc I was alone.  Oh well! ;)

Anyway, great day!

3 comments:

Marjorie said...

Fun! Those comments always make me feel uneasy. In mind I'm thinking "Are they judging me?, Do they think I'm crazy?, Do I look a mess?" Haha! Glad to know I'm not the only one at least :)

L R said...

How fun! Wonderful that you get out of the house with them by yourself. I have to bite my tongue when some mothers say that they can't do "such and such" without their husbands.

Hilary said...

You should have made someone take a picture of YOU!