Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Goals for 2012

A few friends have been posting goal-lists lately, and I love the idea of "goals" rather than "resolutions."  For me, the idea of a resolution is just too much- too grave, and ultimately, leads to a failure.  But a goal- that changes things, and seems to make it much more attainable.

So, here is my goal list- I'll plan to update it next year.  Hopefully I'll have a lot checked-off this list!

1) Lose baby weight.  I still have about 10(ish) lbs to go...
2) Be more organized/keep up with household chores.
3) Devotions every day/family devotions
4) Read 30 books- I watch way too much tv, and don't read enough.  I'm making this a huge goal!
5) Be a better friend/remember birthdays
6) New hobbies- sewing, knitting.
7) Garden (post-move)
8) Finish crocheting projects
9) Put audiobooks on CDs- I have so many on my laptop right now!
10) Drink less wine- that should help w/the baby weight, right? ;)
11) MOVE!!  Thanks for reminding me, everyone! ;) Seriously, how did I forget to put this on here?  Maybe bc I already assume that it's a given- but by this time next year, I definitely hope to be out of the city and settled in a new house!

Whew, it's official now- every one can read this!

What are YOUR goals this year?

- 

-        

4 comments:

Hilary said...

Magazines are the same as books right? Very impressive missy! My goal for this yr . . . Survive!!!!!!!

L R said...

MOVE! You are hoping to move? Moving is one of the most wonderful and horrible activities ever invented ;) We are expecting to be here in CA for another 1.5 years, and I still find myself prepping for it ( by decluttering and organizing) because I loathe the process so much. Lean on your family as much as you need to through it. I long to live in a place where grandma's house is an hour's ride away :)

We are also attempting to be much more regular with family devotions. Sometimes we do it right after dinner at the table so we don't forget.

After 14 months post baby for me, I have lost the pounds and inches but I also lost muscle and tone. It is a major goal for me to do my short pilates tape every weekday plus some aerobics 3 times a week. Do you have any favorite videos?

(I think Eve looked adorable in that red dress. I remembered seeing her in it; and if I hadn't been able to find the larger matching size for Mia I was going to ask to purchase it from you.)

Marjorie said...

good goals! i'm so interested in your move/house hunting :)

Julia said...

I wonder if I should put "lose baby weight" on my list too- 16 years late!