Saturday, February 26, 2011

The Bunk Beds!

So, the bunk beds have been up for a bit- maybe a week- and despite a few minor struggles (ie, keeping the boy in his new bed!), it's been going great!  They are a bit...well, big for the room, but honestly, anything would seem big in that little shoe-box!  (Oh, and in this shot, pay no attention to the messy book shelves- they fell down the other night, weird, and we've yet to reassemble them).


Judah's new bed (and bedding, all thanks to Ikea!):


This is a terrible picture, especially bc of the heap of toys in the corner, but I just wanted to show how close the two beds are now- and, how small this room really is!  You can also see by this picture why the beds have been such a problem:  each wall has an issue w/it.  For instance, two walls have doors (the door to the room, and the balcony door on the opposite wall), one whole wall is a closet, and the other just has a window, but is in between the two doors, so nothing too wide can go there.  Fun! ;)


Look how close this is to the door!  We have about one inch remaining!


It was hard to even take these pictures, bc the room is so tiny- I couldn't get back far enough to get everything in! ;)

Anyway, so that's the tiny room tour- hope you enjoyed it!

2 comments:

Marjorie said...

The bunks seem pretty small which is rare to find! Would you like to raise the kids in the city or are you planning to move one day? My parents moved out of the city when I was four. I think it would have been neat to grow up there though.

charismasmom said...

I think Jarod wants to build Kiddie-bunks if we're still in our house later on in the year. We'll see... Guess you can only store stuff in that side of the closet now. Ha! And, stop apologizing for the "mess" - I probably wouldn't have noticed it if you hadn't said anything. LOL! Although, I have 3 kids too so I don't think I'd notice anybody's mess. ;) Love the beds - good luck w/ Judah... I'm NOT looking forward to that day!