My sister was having her graduation party, and to take some of the uncomfortable attention from her (her feelings!), we made the party also as a party for Eve, too. Which was great, considering I couldn't have fit more than 10 people here, and our immediate families are so large that that would have been a problem! So, having the party at my parent's house (which is huge) was the best idea!
I spent most of Friday getting ready- that is, making 50 or so cupcakes! We were expecting lots of people (for Elisabeth- I wouldn't have invited tons of people to a one-year old's party!), so...on went the baking. Pretty fun. Hadn't made so many cupcakes in a long time!
Saturday morning was spent running last-minute errands and putting the finishing touches on the decorations. Thankfully, Eve slept...for three hours. Fantastic! By the time everyone arrived, she was sweet and cute, and that mood actually lasted for the entire party!
Here she is, all decked-out, walking around with my Aunt Ree:

To ensure constant happiness for the party, Elisabeth "flew" Eve every now and then (I love this picture!):

Posing on the stairs (in a non-maternity dress, too! It's stretchy in all the right places!):

Sharing some chips with Great-Gram before everyone arrived. She really couldn't get enough of them!


Playing with cousins James and Juliette:

Wearing a silly birthday hat! Only lasted for about two minutes, but it was funny before she yanked it off!
href="https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEi891aJosGfY3wvLTqSBOc0uaxj7AxN9yX960W375asc1IkB2lv6_0kj2PIKxsffoxVXRxU9TjOin1lcoDIKNteD8YYBDilgUgxv9OVrjcCYnL_hdFap5QFTy5dUwfjY9-xiK_Ye4_-Q6o/s1600-h/Picture+63.png">

Enjoying the beautiful weather with Grandpa Church:

Finally getting to eat one of the cupcakes she'd seen all weekend. She loved it! We took her dress off, just in case, but turns out that she was pretty neat with it- guess she didn't want to lose any of the cupcake!



Playing with her baby before heading to bed- she was actually trying to feed it her bottle! She's never done that- must be growing up...

(I have no idea why that one picture has text above it...ugh, me and technology...)
4 comments:
You look great!
That's exactly when Adelaide started "feeding" her baby - at her birthday party. Funny, huh?! Oh, I think you were there... anyway.
1 year?! When is she gong to get some hair? Very cute pics! Can't wait to see the next one :)
What a perfect picture of the two of you on the stairs! I love your dress and her headbands are always so precious.
I love the picture of you 2 on the stairs, too! so perfect! and you're back to brunette... love it! miss ya... always glad to read about your wonderful life, sweetie! lots of love :)
Post a Comment