Friday, February 22, 2008
I HEART Facebook (& Sometimes Myspace)
Even though I started this blog to escape the irritating worlds of Facebook and Myspace, there are so many times when I'm glad that I took the time to deal with them. For instance, I reconnected with a friend from third grade on Myspace (we'd been friends since third grade, but lost touch around our early 20s-marriages, moving,...). And, just this morning, I got an email on Facebook from someone I'd been best friends with in high school. I know, everyone is "best friends" in high school, but we were. It was weird- I remember feeling like I'd always be friends with her, that there wouldn't really be a time when we'd lose touch after high school. We hung out all the time, had the same friends,...but still, we did. She got into a serious relationship, had kids, and things changed. Then I met Ezra, got married, and moved away. It's probably been about six or more years since we've talked! And, out -of-the-blue, she emails me! Thank you, Facebook- maybe you're not as annoying as I generally believed you to be!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment