Saturday, February 16, 2008

Hmm...Mama's Fears Confirmed??

My mom and I were talking the other day about the election, and the candidates- she's petrified of Obama potentially winning. I didn't really have an opinion on him before that conversation. I don't know- he's kind of a dork, but...I didn't really care one way or another about him. She is freaked out. Anyway, now there's a great/super-scary story on perezhilton.com (link on the right- REALLY reliable source, btw!) with the headline: "Barack HEARTS Che." (You may have to scroll down a bit on that page because he tends to blog very often, so it might not be the first thing you see anymore). This is the second picture of a Barack Obama campaign office in Texas that's been decorated with images of Che Guevara, along with an American flag. What's going on?? I'm starting to think that moving to Canada might not be too bad of an idea...(supposing Obama's elected, of course!)

Speaking of the election...I had no idea who I was going to vote for, and kinda felt a little lost in it all. Elisabeth found a website for our Mom that was a BIG help-what would we all do without the internet? It was really helpful to me, also. It asks you how you would rate the importance of certain issues, in a 20-question "quiz," and then shows you which candidate you agree with most. It gives you links to the past voting records of the candidates, what they voted for or against, too, which is very helpful because it clarifies areas that where you might have differed from them. Guess I should give the address! It's glassbooth.org, and it finally helped me feel a bit more settled about the election (and a bit more scared considering that I had a lot of feelings that matched Obama's-yikes!!)

No comments: