Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Slow-Cooker Apple Butter...and My First Time Canning!

I love apple butter- soooo good, and wow, so easy to make!  After picking an insane 21-lbs of apples last month, I started experimenting w/loads of apple "things," butter included.

It turned out really well, and this recipe made a lot, so I wanted to save it.  I decided to give water-bath canning a try, and it's really not as hard as I'd made it out to be in my head.  At least, I didn't think it was, so maybe I did something wrong?  We'll see, but my jars all sealed up, and the seals are on tightly, and even some of the rings popped off- another good sign, if canning blogs are any help.


Meh, we'll see- but for now, I'm happy w/my first attempt at canning.  Also, if you like apple butter at all, you need to make this- it's time consuming only in that you need to cook it for 12 hrs, but I started mine before bed, and woke up to a delicious smell in the morning :)  Just takes planning.

Anyway, yum!

No comments: