Until today, that is! The kids were at my parents just overnight, and I went a bit crazy w/organizing- it was really getting to me, this big mess. (I totally forgot to take pictures, but many of you have seen it in real life- you know it was a mess!)
I set up the room in "stations," hoping that this might make it a lot more easy for the kids to clean up- I could steer the cleaning by asking them to clean up the dolls, or the kitchen stuff, or the cars, etc. We'll see.
Anyway, here it is! :)
Starting from the view in the last picture, I reorganized the coat rack and shoe box- you have no idea all the weird things I found in that shoe box!
Then, a "station" of Isaac's things:
And then, dress-up stuff...wow, there's a lot of this! They really have a crazy amount of hats ;)
Across from the coat rack is their puzzles, books, and the dollhouse:
And, a new addition- the car mat rug! I wanted to get one of these for awhile, and just found one today at Ikea...for $15! It's huge, and they already loved it:
(Testing it out before bed)
The "coloring station." We got this today when I picked the kids up from my parents- it's actually theirs (my parents), but my mom gave it to us, since we could use it on a daily basis. I love it!
The bins of tiny-things. There are bins full of barbies, cars, dinosaurs, you name it. These were the things that truly needed a home, bc yikes, can they find their way just everywhere around the house! I found the stacking shelves at a consignment store for $10!
A seating area:
Their kitchen and shopping cart:
And finally, the doll "station:"
I'm hopeful that things will stay more or less in these "stations," just to make playing less chaotic, and cleaning a lot easier. But we'll see- if nothing else, these pictures can at least let me relive a day when the playroom was neat and in order! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment