Saturday, May 7, 2011

Happy Mother's Day!

We got crafty this year (and really, why not- so fun!), and made Mother's Day gifts this year. Well, in all honestly, I got crafty and made gifts- the kids were supposed to help me, but...kept napping! We were meant to work on these on Friday afternoon, after naps, but they both ignored my trying to wake them, and kept sleeping, leaving me to scramble and get the gifts ready, as we were seeing my mom, Ezra's mom, my Gram, and my aunt all on that afternoon.

Fun! So, I frantically got things ready, and assembled them- sad, bc I really wanted the homemade gifts to be from the kids; I had even cut out all the pieces and had them ready and waiting to make things easier. Still, the gifts got assembled, the Mothers seemed happy, and this just goes to show that I need to plan in more time to create crafty gifts next year! ;)

These were the only gifts I had planned to make myself- I wanted the frames not to be too weird! (Oh, this is Eve's school picture- the photographer offered to add in siblings, which I totally took advantage of since we rarely get professional pictures taken!):



The gift bags- I filled these w/Mother's Day cards, the little pictures/frames, and these flower arrangements. These are what I really wanted the kids to make- Eve had made something similar recently in Sunday School, and it was sooo cute! Oh well...there's always next year...



So, there's our interesting Mother's Day story! Hope you all have a great day! :)

1 comment:

Marjorie said...

Really cute picture!