We had a super-busy weekend, and despite taking my camera everywhere w/me, I didn't take a single picture! So, to save this post from being kinda boring, I'm stealing other people's pictures to make up for my laziness! ;)
First up- we had a baby shower for Baby #3 this Saturday morning! Ezra's mom and sister (Adriel) threw it for us, and it was a really nice time! After we had Judah, I kinda freaked out, and abruptly decided that we were never having any more kids- and therefore, figured that we didn't need any of our baby stuff! Out went clothes, bottles, toys, and other assorted baby things (that you definitely need!)...and then, Judah turned 6-months old and things got dramatically easier, and honestly, the idea of another didn't sound so scary! And, that's about the time I started regretting my baby-product-purging!
So, we had a shower- and got lots of great new things. It's funny, it's only been two-ish years since I've had a new baby, but there are a lot of fun new things out now- ie, a paci thermometer! Great idea!
A few shots from the day, taken by my wonderfully-talented sister, Levia:
Giant lady fanning herself w/a paper plate fan!
After this, we left the kids w/Ezra's mom, and headed home- unloading the car was lots of fun! ;) SO many great things...that, due to a current lack of space/planning in the kids room, are piled in the baby's crib for the moment!
Anyway, in preparation for events the next day, we spent the better part of the afternoon cleaning and organizing the house. Then, rapidly got ready for Ezra's firm event- the Dinner Dance. Really, it's the firm Prom- it's formal, there's food, dancing...and pictures. Totally a Prom!
I didn't take any pictures, but luckily they posted these on a professional website- newcommunications.com. Love this picture of us:
We had a great time- yummy food, lots of drinks (ooh, my water- sooo delicious!), and a nice time getting to know some of the people Ezra spends most of his time with!
We got home kinda late, and headed straight for bed bc...the next morning, we had Ezra's brother's (Ephraim) graduation from Penn Medical School. I opted to stay home and work on last-minute things, as EVERYONE was coming back here after the ceremony- followed by church at 10th- for lunch. Also, my sister-in-law came over w/Jericho, and we had a really nice morning together!
Well, we headed to church to save a billion seats (it was the first service w/our brand new pastor, and it was packed out!), and...well, just kept waiting. The family ended up missing service bc the graduation lasted for over two and a half hours! We met up w/them on our walk back home- and then, party time! We had mimosas, and make-your-own shish kabobs for the grill. Luckily, the weather turned out to be PERFECT, bc the outside space was the only thing that saved our teeny tiny house from feeling too crowded! It was such a fun time, and I love getting the chance to host things here!
I took this this morning from Ephraim's Facebook page- just to show off how many people actually fit in our house! Well, again, this is exactly why I was so grateful for nice weather- we all didn't have to smash into this teeny place at the same time! :)
After everyone left, we packed the kids off for naps, and took some naps ourselves- we all slept for the next two hours! Ezra made it back for evening service, but the kids and I were still recovering from our busy weekend.
Whew! Lots of fun, lots of great times, and so many reasons to be thankful for living close to family! :)








4 comments:
Love the picture of you and Eve and the one on the dinner date night!
Sounds like so much fun! you two look beautiful all dressed up. I love the belly button in the fan photo. Oh, and thanks for rubbing in the "close to family" part. One of these days . . . until then, paradise it is :)
I also love the picture of you and Eve! So precious!
And, of course, the formal of you and Ezra is perfect! What a gorgeous couple! :)
I can't even see your belly in your "Prom" picture! Your dress looks so pretty on you.
Love,love shish kabobs.
Post a Comment