Thursday, January 27, 2011

Audible.com...and LOADS of New Books!

I joined Audible.com about...oh, months ago, just for the "free one-month trial" and...totally forgot that I had signed up!  However, Audible didn't, and has been charging our credit card steadily over the past few months- annoying.

Anyway, I went on the site to cancel our membership, and found that I had loads of credits waiting for me- you get one credit (one book) for free a month.  So, before canceling it, I made sure to download all I could, one of which was "The Help" by Kathryn Stockett.  I had heard good things about this novel, and felt like I had seen the cover just about everywhere.


I started listening to it today while I was cooking (and then when I was knitting), and wow- it's really great!  Or, the women reading it are especially good, which is certainly the case.  I can't imagine reading the book now w/out hearing those voices!  I don't know much about it, but so far, it's about race in 1960s Mississippi- it's written from the point of view of the housekeepers.  The writing is really fantastic!

Anyway, highly recommended!

1 comment:

heylucas said...

You are a real book worm, Alissa! Here's one to try "The Thousand Autumns of Jacob DeZoet."