Bc I'm on-time w/things and like to stay up-to-date, here's our Christmas post! ;) (Sheesh).
Our holidays are a bit of a blur- we did soooo much, all fun, but still, so much.
On the 20th, we made it to the Macy's Light Show and the Dickens Village. This is something I used to do when I was small, and it's really fun to get to take my kids to see it now. (Also doesn't hurt that we live 4 blocks from Macy's, so we all save on parking!) My mom and the family also came w/us- it was my mom's birthday, and she loves doing "Christmas" stuff for her birthday- weird.
Then, Christmas Eve! My family all gets together on Christmas Eve and Ezra's on Christmas Day, which is a perfect situation, considering there's so much family to visit! Christmas Eve was a bit of a scramble this year, as I had to make a total of 3 apple pies- managed to do it, and they were delicious. Still, stressful.
We went to my aunt's first:
Where Judah found (and loved!) a hot pink Tinkerbell backpack (krikey):
Then, off to my Grams!
The kids were opening presents the second we got inside- Eve still has her coat on!
Digging in to their loot:
This one just makes me laugh! My poor cousin (Samantha) had only just been in a pretty major car accident a few days before- she skidded on black ice going about 45 mph, and into someone's garage! So...my cousin's husband thought it would be hilarious to get her her own crash test dummy- which he then taped to her, just to keep her safe. Crazy!
Also, another bad picture, but one that makes me smile- my Gram. This is the worst picture of her, and thankfully, she rarely looks on the blog, bc she'd freak out. But, she got this fuzzy blanket and loads of alcohol for Christmas- don't know why, but it just seemed extra funny to give those things to your 72-yr old Gram! (Oh, and she's actually cracking up, not crying!)
And finally- a much more manly backpack! A tool backpack!
------------------------
Now, on to Christmas morning at home- kinda rushed, as we were to leave to drive to York for Christmas w/Ezra's family, and...we slept in, giving us only about one hour to open presents, get ready, and hop in the car. Not exactly the leisurely morning I had envisioned...oh, and Judah was pretty sick. He didn't even really participate- he sat on my lap, whining, while Eve (happily) opened all the presents.
Sort of enjoying his new sunglasses (and harmonica!):
My gifts from Ezra- love them! New Ipod (mine got smashed, who knows how), fingerless gloves, and a fleecy UnderArmour shirt, which has become my favorite thing in the world, bc it's so warm and cozy:
This is terrible, but I don't think I have a single picture from our time in York! I think I may have even forgotten the camera in the rush to leave that morning. So terrible! We had a really nice time, but you all will have to use your imaginations bc...yea, no pictures!
Whew! So, that was our Christmas! There's more to come- more running around/traveling stuff- but I'll save that for the next blog entry. Things didn't really calm down for us until we made it to Santa Barbara a few days later... :)


















No comments:
Post a Comment