Wednesday, March 31, 2010

100+ Book Challenge

This will be quick, but just wanted to mention a new...new, what's the word- feat that I'm going to attempt. Through a series of links, I came across a book review/club site, with the interesting idea of challenging readers to read (for their own enjoyment, and not for any real prize) 100+ books in 2010.

Now, I know I read a lot- or, at least I feel like I do- but, since we've been married, I've been keeping a list of books read, and...after 7 years, I'm only at about 170. Krikey!

So, since the odds are definitely not with me- especially with the added additions of two little kids- I'm thinking that, instead of the staggering 100+ books this year (seriously, that's 2 books a week!), that I might try to at least finish 2 a month. Now, I realize that's a HUGE drop from 100 to 24, but...that would be an improvement, especially considering that last year, I probably only finished about 10 books. Rough year!

(On a side note- my personal best was the first year we got married, when I would read books online at work. Bad. But, I read 62 books that year!)

Now, getting off the computer, and grabbing a book!

No comments: