Sunday, September 13, 2009

New Post- Now, with More Energy!

Not a whole lot has been happening here recently- just still unpacking and reorganizing after our many trips over the past few weeks. Yes, still unpacking. I don't know why I let this happen- why can't I just unpack the bags and put the things away in a timely manner, to save everyone the trouble/aggravation of tracking down lost items and tripping over excess junk? No reason. Well, no good reason, anyway, as it most likely falls into the categories of "laziness" and "procrastination."

Since we've been back, I've just felt so drained, so unable to really care about things, about how the house looked, about neatness, which is pretty weird because when we were at the end of our trip to Guam, all I wanted to do was to get back home and back to routine, including the little daily things like cleaning and wash. I couldn't wait! But, that energy vanished when we were actually here! I think it was because we took another trip when we'd only been home for 4 days- that just sucked all motivation out of me, to repack partially-filled bags and head out again!

But, as I've finally finished the unpacking this afternoon, I feel like I should continue this good-intentioned streak of motivated-ness by actually keeping things neat, doing wash, etc, along with the fun things like keeping up with the books I've checked out of the library (and have so far just been renewing rather than reading), working on knitting projects, and updating this here blog a bit more regularly.

Here's hoping the motivation holds out...through the rest of the day, and perhaps, even into next week!

No comments: