Monday, September 14, 2009

Growing Up

I'm assuming that's the reason, anyway, for Judah's latest bout of not-napping. Well, not-napping as much as usual, that is.

The morning nap still exists, but the afternoon nap-the one I would most like him to take-seems to be getting later and later, making it more out of sync with Eve's nap, which only means one thing: I just alternate little kids all day. Well, I guess that also means another thing, too- these haven't been happy days for me lately!

Eesh- gotta run- he's up, again, yelling. I can picture it, even before I see him: there he'll be, hanging on his crib, paci in his mouth, whining, threatening to wake Eve up at any moment.

Help.

4 comments:

charismasmom said...

Hey! Is he sleeping a lot in the morning? have you tried waking him up from his morning nap so he'll be ready when Eve goes down? I had to start doing that with Willem. He was sleeping for like 3 hours or more in the morning and then would go down again about 1 hour into Charisma's nap - which meant I had 45-60 minutes of non-kid time a day - not enough! Anyway, just a thought...

Hilary said...

Oh, just think if you had three kids you would NEVER have any free time :) Doesn't that sound wonderful?!

Moriah @ Please Pass the Salt said...

That's not true! I have three kids and have lots of free time. :)

Alissa- you need to start cutting off Judah's morning nap at an hour. He'll probably settle back down into a nice afternoon nap routine in a few days. ALL my babies went through that. And then put the two of them down at the exact same time. Good luck!

Marjorie said...

it took a few weeks, but around 10mos maybe i started pushing back christopher's morning nap an hour at a time so that he would take one long afternoon nap (from 12pm-3). there were a lot of cranky mornings during the process, but having a larger, uninterrupted amount of free time (well i shouldn't say that bc it's more like housework time) has been better. good luck!