Thursday, August 21, 2008

It's a Boy!

Or, so the doctor tells us!

We had the 20-week ultrasound this afternoon, and I was soooo anxious and excited to see it, and to finally find out if we were having a boy or a girl.

The office was back-up with appointments, so we ended up waiting a lot longer than planned, only prolonging the anticipation. Finally, we got to the ultrasound room, and saw the baby! It's so amazing how it's changed in only 12 weeks! I mean, the last time I saw it, it was a lima bean- now, it's a kid! (He's waving!)



And, at first, we thought it was a girl kid!

The woman doing the ultrasound had a hard time narrowing down the "important" bits because of the way the baby was lying. After a bit of searching, she found a good angle, and announced that we were having a girl.

We were pretty calm about that, because that'd be nice- Eve, having a sister and all. We were already talking about making her room more girly when the doctor came in. He asked if we wanted to know what it was, and I asked him to tell us again, just to make sure.

Within seconds, he had found the "boy stuff" (his words!), and was entirely confident in his declaration. He said it's really easy to mistake boys as girls because of the angles on the ultrasound, but there was no mistaking what he showed us to prove it was a boy!

Yay!!

I'm actually a bit more scared about a boy than I thought I'd be- maybe because we're already used to having a girl.

But, who knows? Do I take the first opinion, even though it wasn't terribly clear and took a lot of searching to determine, or do I go with the confident doctor and assume it's a boy?

So, we're still planning on a pretty neutral theme, and have told family that anything blue they wanna buy should be kept with the receipts until we're completely sure- that is, after the birth!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

congratulations!!!! wow that's crazy about the girl then boy mistake! that happened to my sister...although her Ultrasounds were a week apart...so for a week she thought she was having a girl, only to go back and find out it was definitly a boy! anyway, Eve will be so happy to have a playmate! hope your pregnancy is going well...and how'd the working out go??

Moriah @ Please Pass the Salt said...

That is crazy!!! Which one are you more confidant in?? Did they point it out to you or you just had to take their word(s) for it?

Anyway, congratulations! Miss you guys!

(Come n' visit.)

Alissa said...

i'm actually pretty confident about the boy verdict, only bc it was really difficult to see the first time, and before the doctor came in, the baby was moving all over. so, maybe it changed position, and was easier to see, bc really, it took him a second to see it. so,...yea, no "pink" room now! we're stuck in neutral land!

Alissa said...

working out...it's going fine, i guess- i really have to force myself to make it a priority again. i was sooo good w/eve! ugh, i almost feel like i've just given up bc it's not like i'm working out to be thin right now!