There are plenty of bad things that come along with Ezra going away for a few days.
For instance, tonight's trash night- fantastic. And, since we forgot about it last week, there's loads to take out. Gross.
And, I always have trouble sleeping when he's gone; in fact, I can't sleep! I know that tonight I'll be up to 2 (rough estimate, but most likely a close guess), and won't be in bed, but will be on the couch, with the tv and all the lights on, as well. Sad, really.
(Plus, I miss him!)
Still, there are a few things I enjoy about Ezra going away:
1) No one makes me watch sports or BBC News.
2) The a.c. isn't cranking all night, to turn the house into an igloo.
and finally,
3) I can rent girl-movies for once, without having to hear that I never get to make the movie choice ever again because the movie was boring or something.
Yay!! So, after tucking Eve away into bed, opening the windows to let in the semi-cool night air, and settling on the couch with my pillow, I rented "PS I Love You," and got ready for a nice girly evening.
(Too bad the story really works better as a novel, rather than a movie!)
Still, watching a romantic-comedy is the perfect way to end the day, if you ask me!
2 comments:
This is actually Julia. I woke up last night at 1 AM hearing all the normal noises that didn't seem so normal. I thought Tom made those noises normally, but he wasn't here. We had a high speed police chase last night with the one pursued's car ending up on the church lawn and his being hand-cuffed behind the church near the annex. "Welcome home Adriel." I turned on lights and was tempted to turn on the radio (what good that would have done I don't know) but after praying for family and especially you, Alissa, had no problem sleeping until 7.
actually, it was a difficult night- i did sleep on the couch, and woke up lots of times! i hate when he goes away!
wow- that's crazy about the car chase! what a welcome for adriel! ;)
Post a Comment