Sunday, August 3, 2008

Beach Weekend

This weekend, we went back to the state park at the beach, where we went last weekend. It's great because there are no beach tags required, and Ezra can go sailing- perfect! He sails, and I sit on the beach...it's great!

Eve went to my parent's for the weekend, so we enjoyed a completely free day. Ezra's brother and girlfriend came with us this time, as well as their cousin Susan. (Everyone took a turn sailing, except me. Does this trip get any better?!)

The girls hiked out to the beach (seriously, hiked), while the guys sailed around to meet us:



Later, Ezra and Susan went out sailing, and he started teaching her to sail. He's a rough teacher, because after 2 minutes of instruction, he just tossed her complete control. The windup: they both ended up in the water! Here they are, with Ephraim to assist, after righting the boat. So sorry I missed the fall!



I spent most of the time reading/sleeping, and to make things even better, Ezra "invented" something fantastic: a baby bump hole in the sand! Amazing! I could tan my back! I'm not that big yet, but big enough so it's uncomfortable to lie on my stomach. This, however, remedied all of that:



It was a great trip to the beach- and, no one got burned. Perfect!

1 comment:

Moriah @ Please Pass the Salt said...

I've done that too! It also works, by the way, to lay on top of a kid-sized inner tube. :)