I had a doctor's appointment this morning- nothing big or exciting, just a regular checkup at the gyn (ew). Whatever.
The irritating part came after I arrived for the appointment. At 12:45. Because, I wasn't seen until 2:45.
After an hour, and filling out some paperwork to update the files, I sat there...like an idiot...for a looonnngg time. Then, they called my name, filling me with such relief- finally!
Oh no, not quite! I left the waiting room for the teeny waiting room, where I changed into the amazing paper gown, and waited. And waited, and waited, and continued to wait.
(Not very patiently, either!)
After waiting back there for 45 minutes, I came out into the hall (paper gown and all) to find a nurse- who told me that the doctor was in a meeting. I almost freaked out! I mean, it was already over an hour AFTER my appointment time, and now he's in a meeting?? She told me he'd be right in, and thankfully, that was true.
But, all this to ask: how is it ok for doctors to do this to us? I mean, would we stand this from anyone else? Ugh!
To make it all feel sooo much worse- my checkup only lasted for FOUR minutes. I wasted ONE-HUNDRED and TWENTY minutes for a FOUR minute appointment. Awesome.
2 comments:
I think you need to switch to a midwife, lol.
they even do regular checkups? wow...interesting...! i'm pretty fed up w/this doctor's office!
Post a Comment