Monday, December 9, 2013

Thanksgiving in Nags Head, NC


(This is going to be a photo-dump style post for two reasons:  1) I wanted to finally get this on the blog, but now it's dinner time, so time's limited, and I don't trust myself to work on it after dinner...bc I'll forgot.  Again.  For weeks.  And 2) bc I like photo-dumps! :)  )

We went w/all of Ezra's family (parents, siblings, spouses, and babies) to Nags Head, NC (about a 10-hr drive from NJ), where we'd rented two houses (right across the street from each other) to spend Thanksgiving.  This was the "big" house (Gilgal), where we had most meals:



And the smaller house (Mayberry), where we stayed:


There was a sand-box under our house :)



We braved the cold, went to the beach, went to a church service, had twin races (ha!), had great cousin-time, drank lots of gin-and-tonics, flew kites, took walks, made rockets, went to Cape Hatteras, took a trip to an aquarium, worked on turkey projects, tried (and loved) pizza crusts, and stopped for great doughnuts:

















































We also started wearing bread-bags as hats bc...10 hrs starts to get reallllllyyy long in the car! :)




1 comment:

Marjorie said...

This trip sounds amazing! What great memories for the kids.