Monday, April 18, 2011

Ephraim & Emily's Wedding!

This is probably going to be a photo-dump kinda post- all the pictures I took are soooo dark (thanks to the bad weather we had...and my being scared of blinding people w/the flash) that they're not that great, but you'll get the idea!

On the way to the wedding:



We picked up some McDonalds for a quick lunch, and had just gotten to our room- immediately upon entering, this is what happened (also, Ezra's wearing shorts- I know this picture looks bad!):


Back at the room enjoying a puzzle- we should have been at the rehearsal dinner, but Eve and I weren't feel well:


Anyway, the wedding took place in a really beautiful, historic church in Wyomissing, PA.  It didn't have electricity (which also added to the darkness in the pictures, as it was really overcast- and at times pouring outside!) or heat, so it was an...experience!  It's such a shame, too, bc the next day, the weather was gorgeous!  Oh well...this is the "street view" from Google maps:


Anyway, here are a few shots of the ceremony:




Loved this!

Wow, the musicians and the music...so good!


Um, yea...it started pouring!  Everyone had to come in w/umbrellas- oh, and it was only in the low 40s...and, it was crazy-windy.  What a great weather day! ;)





What cute kids!


Here comes the bride...all soaked and cold!  Despite the weather, Emily looked beautiful, wow- her dress, her veil, gorgeous!



Now, on the reception!

Oh, I need to mention here, too- I didn't take too many pictures at the reception bc...I was sooo sick!  Judah had been sick all last week w/what we thought was just a cold, but wow, when I got it, I realized why he'd been sooo cranky!  It was horrible- coughing, congested, and w/such horrible pressure in my head, I couldn't really bend over bc of the intense pressure!  It was horrible.  Oh, and I think I had a slight fever, too- totally shouldn't have been around other people- I kept my distance, though, from the happy couple- how mean, right, giving them these germs as they head off for their honeymoon!

The reception was at the Reading Country Club- such a pretty place!






I like this shot only bc he looks crazy- wet, juice-covered sleeves rolled up, his little vest...amazing!


She kept thinking this pose was funny, no idea why!



Little Judah on the dancefloor...he never stopped until we took him home!  (Oh, and he looked like this all night- tags out on his pants and vest!)




After having gone strong all day w/out a nap, Eve crashed about a half hour before we left:


This one didn't, however- here he is w/someone's camera (pointed at the dancefloor), trying to capture the action:


And, that was that!  We went back to our hotel and crashed- well, the kids and I did anyway.  Ezra went out w/his cousins for awhile- so nice to see them!

The next morning, Ezra and Judah went to church, while Eve and I tried to recover from our illness.  Horrible morning.  I packed up, took minor doses of Robitussin and Tylenol (all you can have while pregnant, ugh), and took naps.  Ugh, not the way I had envisioned this weekend going at all! ;)

Still, it was a really great wedding- everyone looked great, the ceremony was beautiful- and we're so happy to have a new Mrs. Church in the family! :)

1 comment:

Marjorie said...

Beautiful wedding! Bummer about being sick and it really stinks to be sick and pregnant. I literally get nervous about it because you can only take certain things and usually they aren't the strongest.