I don't mean for the blog to become product reviews or anything, but lately I've been more interested in trying new products- and this one was a total impulse buy that has turned out to be pretty fun and useful.
When Eve's at preschool, Judah and I usually run errands, but sometimes, especially by Friday, we're kinda out of errands, so we spend some time at the Cherry Hill Mall- he likes to watch the fountain, and I like to let him run around the long halls! Anyway, we were browsing our way through Macy's when I passed the Origins counter- never used an Origins product before, mainly bc they're pricey, but this one caught my eye. I think I just had this on my mind, that I wanted to try new products bc I wasn't happy about how my skin was looking.
Anyway, I picked up the Clear Improvements Active Charcoal Mask, which is meant to clear pores- this is something that always peaks my interest bc of the pores on my nose and chin. They just always seem so...visible. Gross. Anyway, the idea of clearing them seemed pretty good, so I bought the tube:
I use it only once a week, and after the first time, was really happy that I had used it early one Saturday morning, when I had no place to go for awhile bc it's kinda intense- it left my face red in the exact places I had put it! The redness goes away, obviously, but it's a bit shocking at first! Despite the redness, my face felt soooo soft and smooth afterwards, and the rough bits on my nose and chin completely disappear- it's great!
And, fun bit- it's a really dark gray! You put it on your face, look nuts for awhile, then wash it off to reveal a red face. Fun! The kids get a kick out of it whenever I use it- in fact, I have it on right now, and Judah started smiling, saying "you messy." :)
Anyway, just a quick review! I'm really interested in this stuff again, maybe bc my poor skin seems to be aging rapidly after a) turning 31, and b) having kids so I'm not getting the same sleep I used to!
Please leave some comments about your favorite skincare products!

3 comments:
Funny, I was just looking/thinking about a pore cleaning product, but many I researched had bad reviews.
My favorite skin care product would be MACs oil control lotion. You put a little on before foundation and it prevents that "greasy" look I get after wearing foundation for awhile. Expensive, but I've had the same bottle for 3 years.
I enjoy product reviews from people I know. Thanks for sharing.
I love masks, and I will look into using this one one day. There are several unnatural ingredients that I am attempting to rid my counters of these days. I amthankful more natural products are easier to find.
My favorite potion is 100% jojoba oil from trader joe's. It works wonderfully as an eye make up remover. It also works well as a lotion. Although it is an oil it does not make me breakout.
Post a Comment