Tuesday, November 18, 2008

No Title- Just Lots of Randomness

I can't think of a title for this post because...there really isn't even a topic for this one! (And, I'm not even going to proof-read this, which hurts me to think that there could be spelling mistakes, but just don't judge me too harshly!) I realized that it's been forever since I've posted anything- not because we haven't been doing anything, but because I'm just a lazy blogger these days!

Last week was super-busy: lots of doctors appointments, including even a checkup at the dentist. That hasn't happened in...well, ok, only a little over a year, and it's great, actually, to go when you're pregnant because they can't really do a whole lot- no x-rays, therefore no knowing if I have hidden cavities or not. So, it was pretty much just a cleaning...aahhh...

And, the knitting group met again last week- we meet once a month. Even though I really like it, I just hadn't felt like knitting...all month. I don't know- that happens with crocheting, too. Sometimes I just don't feel like doing it. Anyway, after seeing that other "new knitters" had been working and working all month, and had even finished projects (scarves and things), while I only had one teeny 2" x 2" square finished for a future blanket, only made me realize that I had a lot of work to do this month!

So, that's actually what I've been doing since our meeting! At our first meeting, we were given a pattern for a garter-stitch blanket: that's the only stitch we've learned, and the blanket should be easy, consisting of 56 little squares in five different colors.

I bought my yarn today- pale green, cream, light yellow, pale blue/gray, pale brown/gray- for a baby blanket. And, that being said, I only have about 50ish days to finish it! I've been working on it everyday, and have been knitting 1-2 squares a day. I'm loving it! I'll post some pics once there's an actual "blanket", and not just a pile of little squares to show!

On Sunday, we had friends over after church for brunch, which was pretty fun/busy. And, that night, I went to dinner with two old friends from high school, which was really great- I hadn't seen either of them in about 10 years, and only recently ran into them again, via Facebook. I also think that the upcoming reunion spurred on our gathering, but that's fine- it was really great to see them again...and, to talk about when times were simpler, responsibilities fewer. *sigh*

There's also been a lot of cooking/baking going on over here, as well! On Monday, Eve and I went to a friend's house to bake cookies...for no real reason. Do you need a reason to make and eat cookies? It was really nice to see her, especially now that she's expecting again, too- and her due date is just one day behind mine! We could bake, and eat, and sympathize about our giant bodies! And, tomorrow, the cooking will continue: a family from our Bible study recently had a new baby (their third), and I'm making dinner for them- lasagna and homemade dinner rolls. (The rolls were totally Ezra's idea, which figures- I rarely make them because they take forever!)

Whew! I'm excited for tomorrow- I love cooking, and it's kinda for a special occasion, so I know I'll be taking my time and making it a really fun process.

I also wanted to include a video, which really has nothing to do with this post at all. I just think it's funny, and it's something that happened this week, too. It actually happens every single night- Eve gets a little crazy just before bed, and jumps around on the couch...every night...hilarious! Enjoy!

3 comments:

L R said...

The jumping on the couch was too adorable!

Hilary said...

Oh oh . . . it looks like she is about to answer your "where is the baby" question at the end of that video! Classic :)

Alissa said...

ha! i hadn't noticed that! love it...