Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Go-To Tomato Sauce

This should be on the food blog, and I may pst it there, too, but I wanted to add this recipe here bc it's soooo good, so easy, and really a truly go-to recipe for everyday.

I found it in Gwyneth Paltrow's new cookbook "It's All Good"- and I know that you kinda either love her or hate her (I really like her!), but I wants this book mainly for the good, super-healthy recipes (and not so much just to have a celebrity cookbook).  If there's anyone who knows about healthy eating, I'd assume it'd be her!

That said, here's the recipe for "Go-To Tomato Sauce".  I've made it a few times now, and it's fantastic!

2 T olive oil
6 garlic cloves
4 large basil leaves
2 28-oz cans whole peeled tomatoes w/their juice
Coarse sea salt
Freshly ground black pepper

Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan over low heat, add the garlic, and cook for 5 mins.  Add 2 of the basil leaves and stir for 1 min.  Add the tomatoes w/their juice and the remaining 2 basil leaves.  Turn the heat to high.  Bring the sauce to a boil, turn the heat to low, season w/salt and pepper, and let it bubble on low heat for 45 mins, stirring occasionally and crushing the tomatoes.   Cool and refrigerate.  This sauce keeps for a week in the fridge, or for 6 months in the freezer.

-------------
Seriously, so good- you need to make this! :)

No comments: