Back in November, I joined a group (headed by a girl from our Sunday School) to swap handmade Christmas ornaments. And, back in November, that sounded like a great idea! Still did, but as it was 12/8 and they were due to be mailed by 12/10, things were getting a little crazy around here!
After checking around on MarthaStewart.com, I decided to make cookie cutter ornaments, which really are...exactly what they sound like:
I put sparkly cardstock on the back, and tied them w/sheer gold ribbons. Then, along w/a recipe for sugar cookies, they were added to a candy bag and mailed away. They actually came out pretty cute!
Now, to wait for the rest to start rolling in- I got one today, a sewed doughnut, which is pretty cute bc it turns out that the last name of the girl who made it means 'doughnut' or treat in German! Also, a crocheted snowflake came this afternoon. Fun! :)
1 comment:
this sounds like fun! yours turned out really good too.
Post a Comment