Monday, August 23, 2010

Adriel and Rob's Wedding (7/31/10)

Obviously, I'm a bit late for this, but...here goes!

It was the busiest weekend ever!  On Thursday (the 29th), the girls went to the beach for the start of "Bachelorette Day," and it was the best!  I can't remember the last time I've been to the beach where I only have myself to look after!  Anyway, after the beach, I got home, and Ezra went out w/the guys.

The next day, I went out again w/the girls to pick wildflowers- well, sunflowers- for the wedding.  We were to decorate the sanctuary- the main bouquets at the alter, and the bouquets along the window-sills.  However, when we got there, it seemed we were a bit late in the season, because most of the sunflowers were burnt up!  There was a bit of panic, naturally, but we scoured around the fields, and found plenty of good flowers to use:





Next up-  heading to the church to start flower-arranging!



Then, back home for two-minute showers before running back out for pedis!  (Sheesh, busy!!)

After that, on to the rehearsal dinner:



After that, back to the church (30 mins away) for the rehearsal...this day, so long! ;)

The next morning, Susan and I got our hair done, and then we all ran to the church (we were late, of course!) for the wedding!






Reception!





The get-away car...and sparkler smoke:

Off to the after-party:

It was a fantastic weekend- superbusy, but superfun!  We were all soooo tired after this, and I think Ezra and the kids slept for most of Sunday!  (I worked on a really good gumbo- after a week of not eating just to fit into a too-small bridesmaid dress, I felt a desperate need for something good and fatty!)

Congrats, Rob and Adriel! :)

No comments: