Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Body After Baby- An Update

Well, now that things have calmed down following the move, we've been more able to really assess what we have,...and why we kept it at all. And, among those questionable things were lots (LOTS!) of clothes that, for some reason, I'd been unable to part with for years. More than years. Forever. It's strange- there's always this "hope" inside of me that someday I'll be able to fit into this, or someday faded/overly-washed clothes might seem acceptable- whatever! So, for whatever reason, i've kept things for waaayy too long! But, as I was going through the not-too-old things (aka, the "before-baby" things), I realized something terrible. Even though I'm feeling thinner these days, I'm not at all where I used to be, when I thought I was "fat"! I mean, during my pregnancy, I gained 24 pounds, and to date, have lost 19. I hesitate to mention numbers, but it's not about the numbers; it's about how I feel. I know that it's only been six months, and I'm feeling pretty good about myself. But, still, there are those five pounds hanging around- literally, HANGING, and in places I don't need them to be, while they've completely abandoned the areas where they're most needed! I also realized that, while it's only been six months, I have a mindset that seemingly has given up all hope of ever being 110 pounds again. I mean, I was tossing things into the give-away pile with complete abandon, just saying mentally "too big for this!". I can't really complain, either, though, as I haven't been to the gym in...well, since before we moved (3 weeks ago!), and my eating habits really haven't changed since pregnancy.

But, I've decided to change that. I know what you're thinking- all 2 readers! I know you're thinking that I'm off to a bad start, trying to declare a new radical diet or whatever. Nope. Not at all. The purpose of this blog is simply to keep track, for myself, the progress (or lack of progress!) made towards my goal of losing the last five pounds. I'm scared about this, too- how often do you hear people complaining, in general, about losing the "last five pounds," how they just can't do it, how that weight just never goes away? And, really- five pounds might not seem like a big deal. But, it is to me. I'm not asking for my pre-baby body: that just won't happen. Things...look different, have changed, and I just don't have the time anymore to devote to the gym like I used to. (I used to go four to five times a week in Austin!) I just wanna lose the last five pounds. I think that by making my wish public, I'll be more inclined to follow through. I'll also try to include updates- ie, I'll include all the times I eat cake, and then feel bad about it!

Wish me luck!

No comments: